Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

RTT: Um...just random?


Stacy


Well, hello, Tuesday!  I somehow missed RTT last week.  I hate that.  I have so many randoms that just flit away like dry leaves in the wind when I don't write them down.  It's really a shame for you that you don't get to read them all.  I'll try not to let you down again.

*Why do they put grippies on baby socks? It's not like they're going to run off.

*The other day I was feeding Han Solo and he was making the face and the noise.  You know what I'm talking about.  Then things got really smelly.  I was not in the mood for that diaper (though, really, am I ever?) and decided that James Bond doesn't get enough.  I posted an abbreviated version of this convo on FB, but you guys get the whole thing:

Me:  {sweetly}  Hey, honey.  Could you bring me some water?  (Remember I'm holding the baby)
JB:  Sure. {a few seconds later he brings me a bottle of water}  Here you go.
Me:  Thanks.  Could you change him for me?
JB:  Okay. {takes the baby and walks away}
Me:  {snicker, snicker}
JB:  {opens the diaper} OMG!  OMG, what did he do?  Oh, it's horrible!  OMG!  Oh, the smell!  Oh no!   OMG!  Oh, oh, oh!  Gross!  It's so bad!  So.  Bad.  It stinks!  OMG!  OMG!  It's on my finger!!! Aaaaahhhh!!!
Me:  {snicker, snicker}

*Did you know the Pope (I can never remember his name, I just call him Not! John-Paul) tweets?  It's true.  He tweets in English.  Probably for all the American Catholics who don't speak a foreign language.  English is an odd choice.  He's German, and the Vatican is in Italy (okay, technically, it's NOT in Italy as it is it's own little country, but still) and has Swiss guards.  English?  Really?  I personally think he should tweet in Latin.

*I even dream about blogging!  Last night I dreamed it snowed and for my RTT, I posted only this:

Snow.  In July.   Global warming, my ass.

*Han Solo had to go to the doctor this morning to update his Zantac dosage because he's grown (12lbs 9oz!).  While we were sitting in the waiting room, I looked around at the other moms (what else is there to do?).  There were 6 other moms there.  Two were in uniform and the other 4 were dressed similar to me: jeans and a top, but all 4 of them had on the rattiest, nasty flip flops you can imagine.  Now, I'm not a fan of flip flops, but I know that people love them and accept that I'm going to see them pretty much everywhere during the summer.  However, flip flops are cheap (with a few exceptions).  There is no reason to wear nasty looking flip flops.  For the love of all that's holy, get a decent pair!  Also, get a foot file and file that nasty skin off the back of your feet and slap some moisturizer on them.  Nobody wants to look at dry cracked skin.  If you're going to paint your nails,at least keep up with the paint.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but it takes about 30 seconds to slap another coat over the old if you need to.  Don't go out in public with your nasty flip flops and chippy nail polish.  Yuck.  In case you were wondering, these are the shoes I was wearing (and see, my nail polish isn't perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than what I saw this morning)

 BTW, it's hard to take a good photo of your own feet if you don't have a camera with a remote.  Try it, you'll see.


*I am heartily sick of war.  Half our friends are in the "sandbox."  JAG (Han Solo's godfather) and T.O.M. (James Bond's bro-friend) are now there and it's only a matter of time before James Bond goes.  Sigh.

*Don't you kind of miss the days when the Soviets were our enemies?  I mean they were good enemies.  There were spies and espionage and defections.  Nobody blew themselves up or planted bombs inside other people.  The Soviets were good, honest enemies (huh?) and I miss those days.  And think of all the good spy movies and books we got out of it. 

*Normally my weird/funny photos are scoured from the interwebs, but today they were all taken by yours truly.  In fact, they were all taken today!  Good thing I had a camera in my bag, huh?

 *After Han Solo's appt this morning, I saw this car sitting outside the hospital gates (remember "ph" makes the "f" sound):


*I brought Han Solo back home and dropped him off with James Bond so I could take The Contessa, Mona Lisa and Principessa to the Frankfurt airport.  They are headed to the States for a month while T.O.M. is in the sandbox.   This truck was in front of us:




 *When I came back from dropping them off, I swung by the PX complex just so I could take this photo.  Outside the gates (and there is no other way on to the PX complex) sits "the pink house."  The pink house is, for lack of a better word, a whore house.  Prostitution is legal in Germany and there are loads of houses like this.  We're just lucky enough to have one right outside the PX.  This sign is pretty new though (it reads "30 girls waiting for you):



Nice, huh?  Don't you want to drive your kids past that all the time?  Indy hasn't seemed to pay it any attention, but by now he's used to seeing half naked (and even topless) women on signs and billboards over here.

*If you are looking at the sign posted above and turn your head about 45 degrees to the left, you'll see this sign.  The juxtaposition makes me laugh.  I wonder what Not!John-Paul thinks?


And, there you have it.  Today's really random RTT.  Click the link above and go check out Stacy in all her coolness and the other RTT's.  You can even link up your own, if you like.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the Pope tweeted in Latin, I would totally follow him, even though i cannot read it. I think that would just be cool. Happy RTT!

VandyJ said...

You've got to love the unintentional cussing you can find. Love those pictures!

Kristine said...

Love the pictures! I'll be giggling all afternoon now! LOL

Toni said...

Oh my. Your pictures . . . they're . . . Wow. LOL

Andrea said...

WOW! That was a whole lot of random funny in one tiny place!

Holly said...

You made me laugh, several times!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I wondered that same exact thing about the grippies on baby socks!!

I'm snickering over you getting your hubby to change the gawdawful diaper... ;)

I think Not! John-Paul really should be tweeting in Latin. Absolutely!

I'm right there with you on the whole flip-flop chippy nail polish - can't understand why more people don't pay attention. :) LOVE the shoes you were wearing - I'd have been wearing something similar. :)

I'm also with you on being sick of war - such a bummer half your friends are in the "sandbox", and that it's only a matter of time before James Bond goes...ACK!

Your pictures totally cracked me up!! Way to be on the alert for random weirdness! ;)

Thanks so much for being such a diligent random rebel with me!! :)

American Pickers & Motel Fail, Fun Vacation: RTT Rebel

Unknown said...

The Thai restaurant pic is killin' me. I just woke up the baby that was *this* close to sleeping on my lap when I laughed out loud! Although...kind of a fitting name since that might be the phrase I occasionally use (not in front of the kids! gasp!) when I don't want to fix dinner...@#$#@, let's go out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...