Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday!

randomtuesday
Oh, sweet Tuesday. You rock my world.

*How do you like the new bliggity blog design? I was feeling the need for something different. And I made it 3 columns! I'm awesome like that.

*Having blog sometimes makes me feel like a rock star. You know, if rock stars hung our all day with their 7 year olds and did housework. I've been "recognized" by several people and it always takes me by surprise. It also makes me laugh that they say "Hey, aren't you Mom in High Heels?" Sadly, I usually look terrible when they see me. Why can't I just look descent when being "sighted?" Instead I'm frequently cleaning up dog poop. Very glamorous.

*I got to meet Satekieli the other day. She lives just a few buildings away from me and came to our tea party cultural gathering last Friday. Indy has been studying the UK and our instructor's guide suggested a "high tea" as a cultural gathering. We invited a group of friends and asked Satekieli (I don't have permission to use her real name, so I'll just use her blog name) because I wanted to meet her she's British. Indy thought it was "double cool" that he had an actual British person at his tea party cultural gathering. She's very cool and has a super posh accent. Jealous

*The other night we were watching Wall-E in German (because it was on and, well, it's not like there's a lot of dialogue in it). Here's a bit of my and Mr. HH's conversation:

Me: I wonder how Wal-Mart feels about this movie?
Mr. HH: Why?
Me: Well, because Buy N Large seems to be a poke at Wal-Mart.
Mr. HH: Really? I always thought it was more like Sam's Club.
Me: Sam's Club is Wal-Mart, just in bulk and with a membership.
Mr. HH: What?
Me: 'Sam' is Sam Walton.
Mr. HH: (blank stare)
Me: The founder of Wal-Mart.
Mr. HH: I didn't know that.
Me: (silence)
Mr. HH: This is going on your blog, isn't it?
Me: Oh, yeah.
Mr. HH: (sigh)


*I'm itching to put up my Christmas decor, but have to hold off until after Thanksgiving. I hate decorations up before then, because by the time Yule, Christmas, New Year roll around I'm sick of them. I'm really antsy though to put them up. Must...not...cave....

*Speaking of cave....Indy has a rock collection. Not fancy rocks, mind you, just hunks of rock he's found and brought home. He was in his room earlier and came out with one of the large rocks to show me how he had done cave paintings on them with a pencil. What a crazy kid.

*We keep blowing light bulbs and it's freaking me out. 6 bulbs in the past week and a half. WTF?

*Pepper is laying on the sofa next to me snoring and farting. Nice.

*And for the funny sign of the week:


Click the button up way there ^ to head over to Keely's for all the randomness.

16 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Okay - your sign wins!!! THAT is funny!

Yankee Girl said...

That is definitely an interesting way to trap a hornet. I would want to poke at it though.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love the new bliggity blog design - it suits you! ;)

That conversation between you and Mr. HH cracked me up - of course you had to blog about it, I would have! ;)

I'm itching to put up my Christmas decor, too - especially since it's been rather warm and I know that Mother Nature is going to send freezing temps just in time for the outside decorating to commence. But I'm resisting the urge...so far, so good... I'm like you, by the time New Year rolls around I'm sick of them, so I better not cave and put them up too early... ;)

That sign is hilarious! I'd probably be tempted to poke at it, though...

Happy RTT! :)

satakieli said...

It's spelled Satakieli actually, haha.

I had fun at the tea party! You guys should come over to mine for tea one day. When I've cleaned up because wow how embarrassed am I that you saw my house in that state today. So embarrassed that I'm in the middle of cleaning right now.

Frugal Vicki said...

I love the random. I really love the hubby conversation because it sounds a lot like us!

Oh, and don't be too freaked, we used to pop bulbs too, it is a short in the system and is fixable

Mom in High Heels said...

Drat! I even checked the spelling like 4 times.
Please, don't feel bad about your house. If you had seen mine on Thursday, you'd have run away screaming. My bedroom still looks like 2 tornadoes mated and spawned little baby tornadoes. Really, it's that bad.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hahaha...I loved the conversation between you and Mr. HH. I threaten to use T as blog fodder all the time. ;)

Cole said...

Love the new design :) And the convo about Sam's cracked me up!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! That is the greatest convo.

Kimberly Wright said...

That sign is awesome!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

The Wall-E discussion cracked me up. I like your three columns! :)

JennyMac said...

Your signs are hysterical.

JennyMac said...

PS: Why cant I comment on your JohnnyDepp post? Are my eyes deceiving me?

KimAustin said...

Just trying to catch up with your blog, will send you an email tomorrow - want to talk to you about something.

D.M. Wright said...

Love your blog! Wall-E in German! Hilarious :)
I agree about the decorations! Don't cave!!

carolyn said...

Rocks must be "it" for 7 year olds! Mine has a growing collection too- and is obsessed.

Love the conversation between you and hubby. So funny!

Happy Weekend-
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...