Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

RTT: thank goodness I have photos

Stacy




RTT!!!! How I missed you last week!  We were in the States for 10 days and I missed RTT.  I'm glad to have you back! Wait, I'm jet lagged. It is Tuesday, right?


*Why do we say a pair of pant or pair of underwear?   It's one item.  I can see calling socks a pair, because there are 2 of them, but why pants and underwear??  Because they have 2 leg holes?  A shirt has 2 arm holes and we don't call it a pair of shirts.  I'm sure it probably has something to do with way back when pants and underwear were actually two separate pieces for each leg that were tied together with laces, but I'm not sure.  I need to know! 

*While we were in the States we took Indy on a surprise trip to Disney (Han Solo stayed with my mom).  We told him we were going on a crafting trip and that the big project was to make a quilt.  He was not pleased but we thought it was hysterical.  I'll tell the whole story another day.

*10% of the Russian government's income come from the sale of vodka.

*Our lovely hostess, Stacy, was kind enough to send me a few bottles of her own wine to sample while I was in the States.  It was yummy!!!  I'll be doing a post on it soon. 

*James Bond was standing in the living room singing very badly a while ago.  Indy looked at me and said "Do you have a hook?"  Snort.

*All clams are born male and some decide to become female later in their lives.  Those are the smart clams.  :)

*I have loads of random photos for you today.  Ready?

*Are these not the largest mushrooms you've ever seen in a store???  They were 5-7" in length.



*Indy thought this little delivery truck was cute.  Not something he'd want to ride in, but cute.  Do you think there is much call for glasses delivery?



*Indy and I went to a German store the day before Easter and at the checkout, they gave everyone hard boiled eggs.  Isn't that odd?


*Look at what's written in the  yellow box at the top.  "New Easy-Grip Bottle"  Really?  Was the bottle that hard to grip in the first place?  Does the slight curve make a real difference?






*This is just down the autobahn from us.  It's hard to see (I had to take the photo with my phone while driving very slowly-dangerous, I know).  Those are advertisements on the church roof that are to be read from the planes landing at the Frankfurt Airport.  Who thought this up?



Okay, I'm done today.  My brain is still a bit fogged from the time change and I can't think of anything else.  Good thing I had loads of photos on my phone, eh?

I'm also linking up to TTUT.  Click the link at the top and below to join up and link your own randoms or TTUT.




Seriously Shawn






6 comments:

VandyJ said...

We made Turbo figure out where we were going on Spring Break by reading the road signs on the way there. It was fun to keep the secret from him. Hey as parents we have the privilege of doing that to our kids.

Robin said...

I love that little truck and would drive the crap outta it! I would see if I could turn it over... like I used to do on the gokarts as a kid.

Stacy Uncorked said...

WooHoo! For once I have an answer for you! :) 'Pants' is the abbreviation of pantaloons. Those were two separate garments, one to cover the hips and another to cover the legs. Hence, the plural usage. :)

That's too funny you told Indy you were going on a crafting trip and took him to Disney...bet he was SO surprised!

I would have thought that percentage would have been higher with the Russian vodka's contribution to the government's income. ;)

I'm glad you liked the wine! :)

I'm still giggling over Indy wanting you to hook James Bond when he was singing...

Your random always seriously rocks! :)


Scramble Brainy Friends, Dandelion Volcano, Obsessive Song Search… The Usual Mishmash

I am Harriet said...

I can't believe it's only 10% (Vodka). I always thought they drank the stuff like water there.

Have a great rest of your day!

Impulsive Addict said...

You were in the states and you didn't pop by to see any of us? Well! AS IF!

Ok, 10% from Vodka? They are missing out! Tequila is where it's at! =)

Stacy sent me bottles too. I haven't opened them yet. I'm TRYING to wait for a special occasion but it hasn't happened yet.

Thanks for linking up! xoxo

Andrea said...

So many fun facts and funny photos! Hopped over from Stacy's place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...