Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

P.O.O.P.I.E.S. Unite!

What, you haven't heard? The Nester has yet another party going on. I'm beginning to think somebody just likes to party. I'm just sayin.
This new party is about P.O.O.P.I.E.S. (People Opposing Objectionable Pretend plants In the Environment). Sadly, I am a rebel rule breaker. I've got faux plants/fruits/vines in my house. Gasp! Shudder! The horror! The hor-ror! Oh, hush up, you do it too. Don't lie. So, here are some of my faux pas.

This is is onion grass. I actually think it was alive at one time, so maybe it's not too bad. Except that it's been dyed blue. I'm pretty sure onion grass isn't blue in real life. Oh, and in case you're wondering that's me and M at Stonehenge in the photo.


Here are some pretty little blue flowers in a jar and some potpourri. I dig the flowers. Soon they'll be switched out with fall leaves or something. Probably faux again. Oh and the little boy in the photo is my grandfather in about 1904. He was born in 1899. Isn' he adorable in this photo? He was 2 months shy of 50 when my dad was born. My grandparents slept in seperate beds for the rest of their lives after my dad came along. Wonder why?


Hey look! More onion grass! Probably not quite this green when it was alive though. Oh well.


Ooooooh, here's a BIG offender. It's PLASTIC! Ahhhhhhhhh!


I showed you all my 'B' wall before, but I thought I'd toss it in again as it's got a faux rose wreath on it. I actually love this wreath. The roses look pretty real. Or as real as they can considering they're not.



Lemons! In a jar! Actually these fooled my mom. She asked what I was going to do when they rotted. Teehee!



I loves me some eucalyptus. It smells so good. Wasn't it alive once? That's my grandparents in the photo the year they got married (1927). Yes, that's my grandfather who was the little boy in the pic above. He grew up to be quite handsome. And my grandmother is rocking the roaring 20's look.


More eucalyptus. Those tall stick things in there? Plastic. Oh yeah, breaking all kinds of rules here! Hahahahahaha!



Oy, here's my biggest offender. Fake (so fake I can't even pass this one off as 'faux') ivy. Shield your eyes! Run screaming! 50 lashes for me! I know, I know, but that ledge really needed something and since we're about to move again (for the 2nd time in 3 months) and can't take real plants with us, this will have to do for now. BTW, are you totally digging that awesome light fixture in the far right? Oh yeah, the military spared no expense when they built this house. Fancy!


Close up! Be careful. Do not look directly at it. It's like a solar eclipse. Look at it too long and you might burn your retinas.


So, what are your offenses?

ETA: I have posted some Fall POOPIES! Check them out!

15 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, my gosh, you are so funny. You always crack me up. I love those lemons in the jar. I keep thinking I need to get some jars like that. I'm going to totally steal your idea and put lemons in mine, too.

Well, now I know where all of our tax dollars are going--into fancy light fixtures like that one! -Julia ;-)

Unknown said...

Love the lemons in a jar.
My daughter did a great tablecenterpiece with lemons
kelli1975.blogspot.com
if you have a chance. It may not be on the main page.
Diane

The Nester said...

you got me! Next week lets have a toilet paper party and all share what brand we buy. Then we can have a front teeth party and all show our front teeth, I know, how bout a stove party...

too funny!

Mom in High Heels said...

I KNEW it! You ARE a party girl!

Lamp Tramp said...

Hi...loved your post. Glad to know I'm not the only guilty person! Your hunny in service? Your profile: "Where ever the Army sends us" gives it away, also! I noticed the uniform in picture. God Bless you, your husband, and your baby... We are so grateful to you and your family for all you go through and sacrifice for us! My SIL is an EOD with the Air Force, we have many trying moments as I'm sure you do! Take care and God Bless!
XOXO

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

There were only a few of us, proud enough to flaunt it!! You and me, baby...and one other fun lady that I just read.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh, so fun....and I just see that you are a fellow home school mom as well. (having fun looking through your archives.)

These Are The Days said...

Thanks for being the ONLY one to give your opinion on what to toss. As for H.L. there is one in Mesa off Greenfield and Baseline (north east corner). I know there's more but not sure, look at there website for closest local. Thanks for stopping by, it looks like you are doing great at home school. I'd love for you to check my h.s. site out too. :)

Queen Bean said...

I always love those fake lemons. Deana

aimee said...

Hi! Stopping in to see your POOPIE Parade. You did not disapoint! LOL! Loved your post. Great blog! Thanks for visting mine today. *poopie high five* :)

Blogger said...

I have lemons in my post, too! lol ;)

Bella

Beth at Aunties said...

Enjoyed the tour! I really liked the lemons! I might just might do one myself! Very nice.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Love the post! And very much enjoyed your lemons :)

Thanks for your great post on my site it had me in hysterics this morning!

Liz x

kristi_temple said...

I love all your grasses and the lemons. I thought they were real.

Meghan said...

Totally lvoe those lemons!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...